Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tuesday.....Today

I went in to see Marcus this morning at 9am like I have everyday since the kids started school here. This morning he was without his nasal canula...which I thought was kind of wierd, I didn't process what that meant until the nurse said "he's off oxygen" I can't tell you how excited that made me and how happy that made me too. Marcus is getting closer to coming home just have to get down the feedings, sometimes he is awfully tired and so they gavage it (Introduction of nutritive material into the stomach by means of a tube.) We have to get to the point where he doesn't need a feeding gavaged to where he can sustain himself to be awake enough to eat his food to where they can take the gavage tube out and he continue to gain weight. We are still on standby...waiting...It'll be great to have him home finally when it does happen, but it will also be that much sweeter having him completely ready to come home! I wanted to fill you all in on what is happening with him, it is such a great great distance he has come in such a short time. He weighs 7lbs. 9oz. that is what Kyle weighed when he was born...Marcus is such a little trooper, he achieves every goal that is set before him...ALREADY and he isn't even technically a month old, he will do great things in this life, of that I am certain.

Photobucket

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

The Cutest Blog On The Block Backgrounds



Counter